Sunday, June 8, 2008

Relay For Life!

For those of you not familiar with the Relay For Life- it's an all night relay walk. Why all night? To symbolize the fact that cancer never sleeps. My mom, sisters and I met at the Weber State Stadium at noon on Friday. We had six tents set up in just over an hour. Pretty impressive for us girls! It was extrememly windy and cold and rainy- but we were committed to the cause, and weren't giving up.

We decided to do this event after my sweet Grandma Dille passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. My Grandpa Dille came up for a while and was very moved with how we were honoring "Onze Held" - Our Hero.


Remember the construction pics from a few posts ago?? Here is the finished project! Our Windmill turned out so great!! The boys on our team were very impressed with the end result- seeing as we started out with nothing but a refrigerator box and a vision.

Although it was cold and rainy, and a VERY long night... we endured till the end. GO TEAM WINDMILL!!!

We Love You Oma!!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

you girls amaze me!! Looks super good...my how talented you all are!!
Rach..freak, when we gunna go camping..ps. happy "anniversary":)