Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Day -- Wink, Wink

Riley always makes Valentine's Day very special for me. This year he was being especially secretive and wouldn't give anything away. When I got home from work Thursday night, he casually informed me that I should pack a suitcase and that we needed to get up at 6:30 a.m. We arrived at the airport where I found out he was surprising me with a trip to Las Vegas!! I was soooo excited! After the flight we took a shuttle bus to our hotel- which turned out to be The Palazzo! I took some pics of the room because I've never stayed in such a plush suite.





The next day was Valentine's Day. We slept in, had some lunch, hung out at the hot tub... then Riley told me that I needed to be ready by 5:50 because he had another surprise. We headed down to the lobby and I found out that he had made reservations at the super fancy Morel's French Steakhouse. I was floored that he had pulled this all off without me knowing anything. We had the most fabulous dinner ever!! After dinner we headed back up to the room to exchange Valentine's cards. Our room was directly across from Treasure Island so we stood by the window and watched the fireworks show. And then.... for the grand finale of surprises....



HE PROPOSED!!!

So yes, ladies and gentlemen... we are officially engaged!!! The wedding date is

September 9, 2009.




5 comments:

Harisay Happenings said...

congrats, congrats - i am sooo excited for you guys - cant wait - 09-09-09!

Miss Annie said...

wahoo!!! congrats you two!!

Hollie said...

9-9-09 BABY:) RACH...im SOOO HAPPY for you and Riley!! YAYYY! geez i have to find out through your bog..pres didnt even tell me.."im like-uhhh did you know they are engaged?" and hes like "yeah" im like DUH your suppose to tell me these things...BOYS..anywho..I am WAY EXCITED for you wedding...i cant WAIT:)

Hollie said...

ps..haha you like how i call your blog a BOG..oh geez!

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

Congrats!!! that is awesome! It was fun to get to see you for a minute at Lynlee's shower!